1 Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website chess24.com and any other websites that we own containing our Chess24 pages, products and services (our “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us or make any comments on our Website or post in our forums, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to and actions on our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, conversion data, behavioural data and other communication data.
- Information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
2 How the information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- For fraud prevention and investigation purposes and to comply with regulations and legislation.
- For business intelligence purposes.
We may also instruct other members of our group or third parties to carry out any of the purposes above, in accordance with and as far as this is permitted by law. We may also use your data to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you. We, members of our group or a third party, may contact you about such products and services by SMS, email, post, tickets or telephone, subject to applicable data protection and marketing legislation.
3 The legal basis for processing personal data
In some cases, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent. This is the case, for example, if you agree to us emailing you with marketing information. Any consent you provide may be withdrawn at any time by contacting our Customer Support Team, or following the "unsubscribe" directions that follow with each direct marketing communication.
Also, we may process personal data in accordance with our legitimate interest in providing and developing our Website and corresponding products and services to you and other users – provided that those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. If you think that your rights and interests do outweigh our legitimate interests in providing the above, please let us know by contacting our Customer Support Team.
We may also process your data where:
- This is necessary to allow us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- If you have previously given consent to us processing your data (for example, in relation to our sending you marketing information by email). Please note that you can freely withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Customer Support Team, or following the "unsubscribe" directions that follow with each direct marketing communication. If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information, then we will stop processing your personal data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so subject to your legal rights. More details about your data protection rights are set out in section 7 "Your rights".
4 Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored in infrastructure that is exclusively owned by us or exclusively licensed to us and that uses state of the art techniques to restrict access from third parties. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5 Disclosure of your information
Logical Thinking may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, for the purpose of operating and promoting the various products and services of its group. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any company of our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- For business intelligence purposes.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
We delete personal data when there is no longer a need to retain these for the purposes for which they were collected, see sections 1 and 2.
Please note that certain types of data may be retained for a longer period if such retention is necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Logical Thinking's user agreements or to comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Website and corresponding products and services.
7 Your rights
You have a number of rights in connection with Logical Thinking's processing of your personal data. If you have any questions or want to enforce your rights, we encourage you to contact our Customer Support Team.
Below, you can see what rights you have at all times:
- Right to access:You have access to the data that is registered on the Website, and can gain access to this data through your user account. If data is incorrect or outdated you can edit them yourself through your user account. You can also request access to what personal data we have registered about you by contacting us in writing, to the extent that this right is not restricted by applicable law. We reserve the right to require the person requesting access to verify their identity, to ensure that the personal data is disclosed to the right person.
- Right to rectification or deletion:You have access to the data that is registered on the Website, and can gain access to this data through your user account. If data is incorrect or outdated you can edit them yourself through your user account. Please note that you cannot make use of the Website if you delete certain data categories. If you cannot delete or update certain data, you can request that we correct or delete them. We will, so far as possible, respond to a request to delete personal data, but we cannot do this if there are compelling reasons not to delete, for example, that we must store the information for documentation purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent:If you have consented to us processing your personal data in order to receive newsletters or other forms of marketing, you may withdraw this consent at any time. When sending out newsletters, we have arranged it so that you may easily opt out of these types of communications, by including a link to an unsubscription-form in each communication.
- Right to object or restrict a processing activity:Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to object to, or request that we restrict our processing of your personal data. This may be the case where we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, for example in relation to advertisement and personalization technologies.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority:If you disagree with the way Logical Thinking processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. We hope that you choose to contact us first through our Customer Support Team.
Depending on your settings, we are working with 3rd pa, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org that may save information in cookies. Please read details in the data settings dialog. We use Google services to display advertising that helps cover the cost of our free features. Details of how your data is handled can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.